The Pacific Northwest is known for its green initiatives, as well as it's recycling programs. We here at Evergreen Bean want to continue in this legacy. That's why we put careful thought into the environmental impact each and every one of our products has.
Here are some of the steps we are taking:
- Rice paper bags in our Sample Box. Using rice paper instead of traditional plastics is a perfect way of keeping our recently roasted coffee fresh while providing a more eco-friendly packaging solution.
- Shipment boxes/tissue paper are recyclable. We strive to keep what is put into our box as recyclable as possible.
- We work with our roasters to use reusable totes to transport coffee instead of disposable plastic. This eliminates the waste of single-use plastic when transporting the beans.
Goals moving forward:
- We strive to see our box being 100% recyclable in the near future. We know it is a big undertaking, but we believe it is our responsibility to achieve this goal.
- We want to move our 12oz Coffee of The Month bags into a more sustainable packaging, this is an ongoing process and should be resolved soon.
- We are always striving to redefine our production system to make it more energy efficient, we will work on areas such as bean transport to achieve these goals in the near future.
We are so happy to have you on this journey with us! Evergreen Bean is making leaps forward, and we hope to see new advances in all areas of coffee that lead to a more sustainable future for all of us.